Estate Planning Services
Our objective is effectiveness. Our strategy is creativity.
We understand that the inherently personal nature of the process and the ever-changing legal landscape make estate planning a sensitive and often difficult area in which to practice law. However, where so many other attorneys see impediments, we see opportunities to produce far-reaching and creative solutions for our clients’ individual circumstances.
Our years of experience in developing creative approaches and design-based plans are focal points in our practice, helping us to move far beyond the standard services offered by other professionals in the fields of estate and wealth management.
We listen, learn, strategize and then optimize.
A close attorney-client relationship is crucial when designing an effective estate plan. For this reason, we take the time to understand our clients’ philosophies and goals so that we are better able to offer guidance, avoid legal pitfalls and implement preventative strategies. Whenever possible, we also work closely with our clients’ financial advisors to ensure that that all aspects of the individual’s wealth management plan are coordinated to create a dynamic, integrated and personally tailored estate plan.
At Smith and Condeni LLP, we focus on our clients’ needs and desired disposition of wealth, analyze projected federal and state income, gift, transfer and estate tax consequences and implement the estate plan through a variety of planning materials. In addition to these components, we also focus on:
- Developing a plan that will manage the personal and financial matters of the client in the event of incapacity;
- Creating a plan that allows the client to control the distribution of his or her wealth after death;
- Using proven strategies to minimize or eliminate estate taxes for the client, as well as his or her chosen beneficiaries;
- Implementing strategies that protect family assets from exposure to risks such as creditors and divorce proceedings; and
- Utilizing the plan to avoid probate on the client’s death.
In order to achieve the high standards that we set for ourselves, we take a multi-service approach to the estate planning process. All of our attorneys concentrate their practice on specific areas within the estate planning field.
Practice Area Attorneys
Please contact Smith and Condeni for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.